What's New in 22R1.3
The Nitro 22R1.3 release includes several new features.
Our release notes offer brief, high-level descriptions of enhancements and new features. Configuration is available by selecting the feature name.
Call Channel Added to Global ODS and DDS for Veeva Standard Metrics
To allow users to report on Veeva standard metrics, the following tables are updated:
- Global ODS now includes the call_channel_vod__v field, which is mapped to the Global Customer Interaction Repository (CIR) for all records related to calls
- Global DDS now includes a new dimension type (veeva_standard_channel__v) in the Global Channel Dimension, which is mapped to the Fact Account 360
Database User Password Expiration Email Notifications
To prevent users from losing access to Nitro due to an expired password, an email notification is sent to admins once per month on the 20th when there are user passwords that meet the expiration criteria. All users with passwords expiring in the current month or next month are included in the notification email. The admin can create a Nitro support ticket before the expiration date, requesting the password be reset.
Enhancements to Nitro Workspace SDK (Beta)
To increase user efficiency, the following enhancements are now available in the Nitro Workspace SDK (Beta):
- Users can write data from a Pandas dataframe into a Nitro table using a single method in the SDK (uploadDataFrameToTable). If the table does not exist, the method creates it before loading data.
- There are now two options for inserting data into a table controlled by a truncateData parameter in the method:
- truncateData set to True - Deletes data into the table prior to inserting
- truncateData set to False - Appends data into the table
Common Database for Sharing Datasets, Dashboards, and Charts
To share the datasets, dashboards, and charts they create with others without causing warnings or errors, users can now create datasets on common databases, in addition to their user-specific databases.
To aid users when creating and using dashboards, the following items are included in this release:
- Dashboard Performance - Dashboards load faster that use multiple native filters
- Filter Dependencies for Native Filters - Targeted results can be achieved by creating filters that restrict the values in a filter based on the selected values of other filters in the same dashboard.
- Dashboard Cross-Filtering - Users can apply a data element from a chart (for example, a table row) by selecting the chart to apply it as a filter across all other eligible charts in the dashboard. Eligible charts include:
- Time Series Chart
- Pivot Table Chart
- Table Chart
- Updated Page Design - The Apply Filters and Clear All buttons are now at the bottom of the filter panel
Adding Custom SQL Directly Into Charts
To increase efficiency when building custom charts, users can now write custom SQL expressions directly in charts without adding them to the dataset as saved expressions. A new Custom SQL tab is available when editing columns.