Nitro Explorer includes the following components:
- Database - In Nitro Explorer, a database represents a connection to a Nitro instance.
- Datasets - A dataset represents a table data source in Nitro used as the basis for charts and dashboards. There are two types.
- Virtual Dataset - Tables are based on SQL queries created using Nitro Explorer’s SQL Lab
- Physical Dataset - Tables are directly sourced from a physical table in the Nitro database
- Charts - Charts are the visual representation of a dataset.
- Dashboards - Dashboards can be enabled to display a static data set, or a dynamic dataset that is refreshed on a configurable time interval.
- SQL Lab - Integrated SQL query tool for Nitro. Allows analysts/scientists to run queries against Nitro data, view sample results, download results, and quickly build a virtual Dataset for use in chart visualizations.