Intelligent Object Connectors
Admins can upload and manage data easily in Nitro’s data lake using Intelligent Objects. Intelligent Objects are a type of inbound connector for file-based data. Intelligent Object connectors have three core components:
- Advanced data lake connectivity to get the data onto the platform efficiently and securely
- Automatic metadata detection and analysis that interrogates the data model and syncs it to Nitro’s core data model
- Direct querying of the data enabling exploration of the file-based data immediately alongside the rest of data on the platform
The following connector types are available:
- Intelligent Object Connector for Veeva Link
- Intelligent Object Connector for Compass
- Intelligent Object Connectors for Custom Data Sources
All data loaded into Intelligent Object Connectors are viewable as any other view(s) under the database report schemas of the connector, without having to create table definition files for them.
Intelligent Objects Connectors are defined with allow lists in the Nitro Admin Console. Intelligent Object Configurations in the NAC are sorted alphabetically by default.
- Large Parquet files supported (up to 20GB)
- Only snappy compression is supported for parquet files
- Escape character “\” supported
- Compression for csv files can be .zip or .gz